Thursday, December 16, 2010

Client Testimonial
Why I Chose Oceano
Guy Merriman
Washington, USA

How often do you come to Costa Rica?
My wife and I have been coming once a year for about 4 years now. We look forward to the time we can visit Costa Rica more often.

Why do you like coming to Costa Rica?
I love this country! The tropical aspect of it is so diverse, you can lie on the beautiful beaches of the South Pacific Nicoya Peninsula one day and then hike around active volcanoes like Arenal the next day. As a keen hiker that loves the tropics, the abundance of options this country has to offer really appeals to me, there is just so much to see. I also think the people are great and I like the food as well.

Guy & Kathy Merriman during their last visit to Costa Rica

How much time would you like to spend in Costa Rica in the future?
In the future, when I am not as busy as I am now with my business, I would love to come to Costa Rica for periods of one or two months a year and really soak in the calm atmosphere and breathtaking nature.

What made Jaco the right place for your investment?
Jaco has been growing more and more in the last few years, with some really good restaurants opening up and new real estate projects. But the biggest benefit in my eyes is the proximity to San Jose. I still remember how the old road was, it was a nightmare coming down to the Pacific and it took between 2 to 3 hours depending on traffic on a very difficult road. Now it’s a piece of cake, since the new highway opened early this year, the ride down to Jaco became really smooth and fast, in about an hour you are right at the beach.


I see local tourism growing because of the new road with many local families making the trip to Jaco on weekends, vacations and holidays now that it’s so close. It also made traveling for tourists arriving at the main airport much easier.

What do you like about Oceano?
I really like the concept, I think the pricing is really good and the quality of craftsmanship is top shelf. From an investment stand point, Oceano will attract a lot of people because of the way it’s set up as opposed to just buying a regular condominium. Oceano is close to the beach with easy access to everything in town. The fact that it’s built as a hotel with 5-star amenities and services will give it a big advantage. I think people will prefer the option of having everything on hand with all the amenities Oceano has to offer. I also think many companies will find Oceano’s conference room as a great place to have seminars or meetings and they will probably make Oceano their place of choice on the Pacific.

What made you have confidence in this development?
The People. I have known Pete Scott, Oceano’s sales manager for a long time and I trust him completely. I also heard a lot of great things about Itai Bar the developer. I believe that when you are about to make an investment, it is very important to have confidence in the people behind the investment and truly believe in the concept yourself. Because I feel confident with these two factors in Oceano, I am very confident about my decision to invest in the project.

What made you move forward and buy a unit?
I thought the pricing was good, and I liked the design. As a CPA, I looked at the ROI numbers carefully, and in my opinion it is definitely a good investment. I looked at this mostly from an investment standpoint but also from a lifestyle standpoint, Oceano gives me a great place to stay when I come down to Costa Rica that will always be there for me.

Who would you recommend Oceano to?
I would recommend Oceano to anyone looking for an investment other than stocks or bonds. I think Oceano is a great option for people who are looking into investing in a place like Mexico but are disappointed with the country’s government and safety issues. Nothing can beat Costa Rica’s tranquility and friendly Ticos.

* Tico is a common nickname for native Costa Ricans.

No comments:

Post a Comment